Friday, November 26, 2010

Pie


So yesterday being Thanksgiving I was seriously struggling. Of course I kept this all to myself. First we went to Starbucks in the morning to get some hot chocolate. I asked if they had any sugar free hot chocolate, of course the answer was no. Does anyone ever want something sugar free. Ok so that was the first moment I felt like crying but I didn't I got some steamer with hazelnut and fat free milk, and a cranberry bliss bar I had to guess how many carbs I failed miserably way over did the insulin to carb ratio. So setting up for Thanksgiving I crash with low blood sugar searching in my purse for the last of the hidden candy and snuck a roll went out to the car and sat. I made my daughter promise not to tell funny how I felt like I did something wrong and maybe I would get in trouble. So for at least 20 min I sat out in the cold car and fratted about the meal ahead writing down what I thought I might eat how many carbs in each choice how much insulin this would entail. And then the tears came but they were dry because I had to go face the family, who of course no one is the wiser I'm a closet Diabetic doing extremely well, I look good I smell good so I must be good. Could they be more wrong. Dinner went nicely so happy to be with my husbands family missing mine because they do understand. Time for pie so excited about the pie love pumpkin dosed for it so I think anyhow. So my sister-in-law walks over with a little souffle bowl with this chocolate pudding whip cream and a cookie on top. My sweet niece had made me a sugar free pie just for me, of course that's when the tears came I tried to stop them but couldn't. Isn't this how life is just when you think your alone you staring head on into the most beautiful chocolate pie you have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment