Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Day of the Rest of my life

So I have to do something with my thoughts, so why not Blog everyone is doing it. I'm not sure I'll be any good at this but I have to start getting my thoughts somewhere other than stuck in my head. I have been type 1 diabetic for exactly 8 mo. I am 42 years young and not doing it very well. I am extremely frustrated with the fact that other than the diabetes I'm healthy. At one point actually looking forward to the future. Simply put I'm ticked the newness has worn off and the frustration has begun. I'm learning there are huge differences in type 1 and 2. As the Dr. put it nothing needs to change about your life ( oh except you get to give yourself shots all day long, think about everything that goes into your mouth). Did I ever have to think about taking a bite of my husbands hamburger or munching on a few chips. Not before but yes now. So in a nut shell I'm not changing a thing! First blog now I can move forward and as my husband puts it be happy. Oh I'm happy happy to be alive!

1 comment: