Friday, November 19, 2010

Highs

Talking about the high sugars, these are easy to detect because I don't want to get out of bed. Now you'll know if I am out of bed and my head is spinning in circles "the 80S generation knows what this means, I'm not even going to try to explain it to the younger, too scary" Anyhow it's hard to explain the rage it can produce, self pity exhaustion, head ache stomach ache. So then when my kids or husband looks at me and says "why are you psycho, why are you screaming, have you checked your sugars?" This always seems to be a big help especially to me because I live in an alternate universe than the rest of them. At this point I promptly bolt to my room slam the door and start to cry. Then I check my sugars because I'm certain they are high just don't want to admit it to anyone. I ask them what I get to say to them when they aren't acting quite right. The answer to that question nothing of course. Now what can cause a high blood sugar, one of my favorite pass times,(well it used to be, not worth it anymore) sitting with a diet coke with a box of cereal. Ok cereal is extremely high in carbs and I don't think they really know exactly how many in a couple cups, because when I dose my insulin and measure my cereal it never seems to be enough. How do I conquer this mountain, well I guess I could stop eating cereal the most amazing thing ever created or keep truckin. So that my friends is what I will do! I avoided cereal for 6 longs months until the dietician talked some sense into me, there is a price to pay, but I will figure it out only a matter of time, and that is all I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment